Buying your first property can be very exciting but also very stressful. Western Isles Properties Ltd can provide you with a free consultancy on how best to progress an initial interest in a property to a concluding settlement. However a general guide would be as follows but the list most certainly is not considered exhaustive.
- Decide on a budget you can afford by means of accessible private funds or through a mortgage provider
- Take time to decide on a preferred location but not ruling out alternatives.
- Draw up a list for properties that sits within the parameters of affordability and that meets your requirements and needs.
- Arrange to view the property making full use of our Home Buyer’s Checklist as an aide memoire.
- A verbal offer can be made through Western Isles Properties Ltd at no cost to you pending a potential formal offer being submitted through a solicitor once a level of offer has been agreed with the vendor.
- Source a solicitor to act for you in the purchase. To purchase a property in Scotland you require a Scottish solicitor.
- Your solicitor will further explain the process of exchanging contracts, completion and final steps.