- Providing consultancy free of charge in matters pertaining to pre-market appraisal and giving a first class service for those looking to buy and sell property.
- If so desired arranging the Home Report and assess potential impact once approved.
- Preparing detailed sale schedules including colour photos.
- Preparing sale particulars to advertise on our website with wide ranging colour photos.
- Advertising property on our marketing boards and property brochure.
- Providing and displaying For Sale boards as appropriate.
- Targeting prospective purchasers from our mailing list database.
- Arranging viewings and sending out regular feedback and updates.
- As appropriate, negotiating with potential purchasers and their solicitors.
- Consider promotion through other advertising opportunities.
- Letting Agents – see below for full details.
Scottish Government has changed the legislation that governs the way in which tenants’ security deposits are to be held together with the manner in which the security deposit is disbursed at termination of the tenancy. Western Isles Properties Ltd. has signed up to use Safe Deposits Scotland for this purpose. Safe Deposits Scotland is one of the approved Government Schemes who will hold the deposits until the end of the tenancy. Agreement will then need to be reached on how the deposit should be allocated and the scheme holding the deposit would require to be suitably advised.
- We arrange the marketing of the property which includes drawing up and the distribution of letting particulars, a detailed advert on our website, insertion to our mailing list and advertising on our letting List.
- We arrange all viewings.
- We draw up lease agreement on your behalf using our Standard Terms and Conditions of Let of Premises documentation. The agreement is for a Short Assured Tenancy to Private Tenant and stipulates a minimum period of Let of 6 months from the date of entry and unless then terminated by either party giving to the other party one month’s prior written notice to that effect, the Let shall thereafter continue from month to month until similarly terminated.
- The tenant will set up a standing order payable monthly in advance to the Landlord’s nominated bank account using details on the lease agreement.
- To make things easier for our clients we do not directly invoice but will send a cheque for the outstanding balance after deducting our fees from the initial rent payment which is paid up front at the time of signing the lease.
- On behalf of our client (the landlord), and in collaboration with Ruaraidh Ferguson at Western Isles Energy and Property Services, a check in check out inventory report service is now available to Landlords at an extremely competitive price. The service also includes the production and delivery of the Tenant’s Information Pack which has now become a legal requirement.
- A detailed Information Pack on how to put a property on the rental market is available at our office.
All private Landlords must apply to their local authority for a Landlord Registration Number.
There is a legal requirement for a Landlord to display a Home Energy Performance Certificate within the property that is being rented out. This certificate sets out the energy efficiency grade of a building and must be completed by an accredited EPC energy assessor.